Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
By signing this Hire Agreement you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- If you leave it unattended, you will lock the bike through the frame and front wheel to a secure object, using the lock provided and remove the computer from the handlebars
- You will keep to paved roads and dedicated off-road cycle-paths or bridleways suitable for cycling with an electric bicycle, and will not use the bike for 'mountain bike' type riding.
- You will not ride through sand or deep water (e.g. fords) because this can damage the motor.
- You will use the bike in a responsible way, keeping to the rules of the road.
- You will not engage in racing, pace-making, time trials or speed testing.
- You will not lend the bike to anyone.
- You will bring the bike back by the time agreed.
- You will report any problems or damage to the hire-point.
- You accept liability for any prosecution or claim arising from your actions during the period of hire.
- You acknowledge that taking part in this activity involves certain inherent risks that might result in injury or loss to you, your party or others, including but not limited to: inclement weather, rough conditions, navigational difficulties, collisions, hypothermia, illness and accidents in remote places.
- You accept sole responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others in your party.
- The use of helmets is not a legal requirement but we recommend them. Helmets are included in the price of hire.
- You will not take the bikes beyond a 20 mile radius from the Hire-point except by prior agreement.
- You will monitor the condition of the battery and make sure you do not go too far to be able to get back to the hire-point.
By signing this agreement, you take responsibility for your party and for the number of bikes indicated above. Please make sure that they understand these conditions of hire.
- The Hire-point reserves the right immediately to terminate hire and to retain deposits should these conditions be broken.
- Bicycles and equipment remain the property of the UK Electric Bike Centre Ltd
- Please bring the bikes back on time and please bear in mind other people may be waiting for the bikes that you are riding.
- If you know you have a problem and will not be back in time please call to inform us.
- The late return of a bike will incur an additional charge.
Always lock the bike if you leave it. Be aware that you are responsible for the bicycle and equipment and will be liable for any loss or damage to them
A £500 deposit is taken when hiring the bicycle and is returned or refunded on return of the Bicycle on time and undamaged. Please check your Bicycle for damage and scratches before you leave the Hire-point and ask them to note any pre-existing damage on this agreement.
The Hire-point reserves the right to retain all or part of the deposit should a bicycle be returned in a damaged or unreasonable condition. This does not apply in case of a fault with the bicycle which is considered to be the result of fair wear and tear. By signing this agreement you consent to the Hire-point charging the cost of any such loss or damage to your credit or debit card.
In the event of a breakdown, please call your Hire-point in the first instance.